|предлог||значение предлога||пример употребления|
|At||1. Местоположение (на, в, при, у)
2. Время (в; в часах, минутах)
|1. He is at the station.|
2. I am sitting at my table.
3. He came at noon.
4. Come at five o’clock.
|On||1. Местоположение (на)
2. О, об (на какую-либо тему)
3. Время (в; в днях и датах)
|1. The book is on the table.
2. This is a book on chemistry.
3. What do you do on your day off?
4. Come on Monday.
5. I shall go there on the 2nd of June.
|In||1. Местоположение (в)
2. Время (в; в месяцах, годах)
|1. The letter is in my drawer.
2. He is in the room.
3. It took place in 1925.
4. Spring begins in March.
|To||1. Направление (в, на)
2. Дательный падеж
|1. They went to the concert.
2. He came to Moscow last year.
3. Let us go to the Picture Gallery.
4. Give this book to the teacher.
|Into||Направление внутрь||1. Put this book into my drawer.
2. He fell into a pool.
|From||1. Направление (от, на)
2. Время (с, от)
|1. We are coming from the theatre.
2. Take the book from the shelf.
3. I shall be busy from ten till one.
|Before||Время (перед, до)||1. It took place before sunrise.
2. It happened 200 years before our era.
3. Afghan war started fifteen years before the Chechen one.
|Till||Время (до)||1. till the end of this week I will be very busy.
2. From four till six we have our English lessons with Igor.
|About||1. О, относительно
2. Место (около, вокруг)
3. Время (около)
|1. Please, tell me about this affair.
2. This is a story about a little boy.
3. He wandered about our house.
4. Come about two o’clock.
5. It was about midnight when he came home.
|For||1. Время (в течение)
2. На (цель)
4. Направление (в)
|1. I have lived her for two years.
2. He has been waiting for you for three hours.
3. I went for a walk.
4. That can be useful for you.
5. Here is a present for Kate.
6. We left for Nizny Novgorod at 10 o’clock.
7. The plain for the Cyprus is due at five.
|Of||1. Родительный падеж (вопросы чей? кого? Чего?)
2. О, относительно
|1. The United States of America.
2. The harvest of this year is very rich.
3. You must never speak badly of him.
|With||1. Творительный падеж (вопросы кем? чем?)
2. С, вместе
3. От, со (страха, удивления)
|1. We write with pencils.
2. The Church of Christ the Savior was destroyed with dynamite.
3. I went to the Manezhnaya Plaza Trading Center with my sister.
4. Her face was pale with fear.
5. He was quite red with anger.
|By||1. Творительный падеж (вопросы кем? чем?)
2. Местоположение (возле, рядом, подле, у)
|1. This was done by her.
2. This novel is written by a well-known writer.
3. They spent the evening by the fireplace.
4. He sat for hours by his brother’s bedside.